1. Morning sickness is most likely to occur during which trimester of pregnancy?
· There is no trimester of pregnancy when morning sickness is more prevalent
2. Which is correct about the rate of maternal weight gain during pregnancy?
· An equal amount of weight should be gained each month throughout the pregnancy.
· Most of the weight gained should occur during the first trimester.
· Little weight gain is expected during the first trimester.
· No additional weight gain should occur after the second trimester.
3. ________ is essential for the regeneration of active forms of folate.
· Vitamin B12
· Vitamin D
4. Of the following, the nutrients that are important to prevent anemia include:
· B2 and B3
· biotin and B12
· Calcium and vitamin D
· Iron and folic acid
5. The first solid food generally recommended for infant intake would be:
· rice cereal
· green vegetables
6. Which of the following statements about a woman who has gestational diabetes is FALSE?
· Gestational diabetes usually resolves after she gives birth.
· Gestational diabetes is common in women who are underweight when they become pregnant.
· The mother is at increased risk for developing diabetes in the next 10 years.
· If the gestational diabetes is not controlled well during pregnancy, the baby is likely to grow rapidly and be large for gestational age.
7. Newborn infants are given a shot of ____ at birth to prevent uncontrolled bleeding.
· vitamin D
· vitamin K
8. _______ is the nutrient that is most commonly deficient in infants who are consuming adequate energy and protein.
· Vitamin D
9. _______ is needed for the synthesis of DNA and hence for cell division.
· Vitamin D
10. While fat recommendations for adults range from 20% to 35% of energy intake, healthy infants from 0 to 6 months consume roughly _____ of energy from fat.
11. At what step in this process are normal prions converted into abnormal prions?
12. Because _____ can be contaminated with botulism spores, it should never be fed to infants under 1 year of age.
· cow’s milk
13. Pesticides do all of the following EXCEPT:
· they Increase yields
· they do not impact appearance
· they extend the shelf life
· they prevent plant disease
14. The _____ method of pest control combines chemical and non-chemical methods and emphasizes the use of natural toxins.
· Environmental safety health hazard plan
· Insect tolerance application process
· Integrated pest management
· Pesticide residue tolerance control
15. Which is the primary cause of food-borne illness?
16. Legal food additives like monosodium glutamate (MSG) and some colors enhance the shelf life and/or quality of food but:
· may pose a risk for those with allergies or sensitivities to these compounds
· may decrease the risk of problems for those with allergies or sensitivities to these compounds
· may lose their effectiveness when used in high quantities
· can cause dehydration
17. Food borne illness caused by pathogens that multiply in the human body are termed food-borne
18. The Delaney Clause is
· a part of the 1958 Food Additives Amendment.
· a zero tolerance limit.
· related to cancer-causing substances in foods.
· All of these are components to the Delaney Clause.
19. Between _____ degrees Fahrenheit, bacteria will multiply the most rapidly.
20. The goal of a HACCP system is to:
· prevent food-borne illnesses.
· treat food-borne illnesses as soon as they occur.
· irradiate all ground beef to safe levels.
· distribute thermometers to all homes in the US.
21. Which of the following strategies can help to reduce population growth?
· Increasing the educational opportunities of woman
· Providing a cost effective means of birth control
· Fostering economic development to ensure food, shelter, and medical care for members of a community
· All of these choices
22. Which of the following is the best example of why it is difficult to break the cycle of poverty?
· being overqualified for a job
· spending large amounts of time in school
· employment in a low paying job
· frequently relocating
23. Which of the following is true of under-nutrition?
· Nutrient deficiencies lead to increased susceptibility to infections in childhood only
· Nutrient deficiencies lead to decreased susceptibility to infections in childhood only
· Nutrient deficiencies lead to increased susceptibility to infections in childhood and adulthood
· Nutrient deficiencies lead to decreased susceptibility to infections in childhood and adulthood
24. Income level in the United States is directly correlated with
· geographic location of the home relative to a major city.
· level of education of the primary wage earner.
· number of family members in the home.
· none of these.
25. An agricultural shift to increased production of cash crops has the following effects EXCEPT:
· a greater proportion of local resources are used to produce crops for export.
· this change will have little impact on availability of food for the local population.
· the country’s cash flow improves.
· there is a danger that less land remains for subsistence crops.
26. Although America is not free of individuals who suffer from food insecurity, the number of these individuals remains small because:
· as a wealthier nation, the United States offers food support in the form of food stamps, soup kitchens, and pantries
· as a wealthier nation, the United States offers food support in the form of direct payments for food only
· as a wealthier nation, the United States offers free public education to children
· as a wealthier nation, the United States offers free health insurance for the poorest Americans
27. Programs that foster economic development and ensure access to food, shelter, and medical care have been shown to cause _____ in birth rates.
· a decrease
· an increase
· no change
28. Golden rice is a genetically modified variety of rice developed to provide _______ to populations in which this deficiency is prevalent.
· vitamin A
29. Which statement is most accurate?
· underweight or overweight individuals are malnourished and can have a shortened life expectancy
· malnutrition refers only to underweight individuals that have a shortened life expectancy
· malnutrition refers to only overweight individuals that have a shortened life expectancy
· malnutrition can result in either under weight or overweight individuals and has no effect on life expectancy
30. Xerophthalmia, as shown in this visual, is a leading cause of preventable blindness due to a deficiency of
· vitamin A.
SCI 220 SCI220 SCI/220 WileyPLUS® Week Five Quiz
SCI 220 WileyPLUS® Week 5 Quiz (***** 30/30 Correct *****) Guaranteed
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
5 Star Essays strives for complete client satisfaction at all times. As a result, we never cut corners when it comes to the quality of our homework assistance.
At 5 Star Essays, Dissertations are some of the most complex papers that any student is required to write. They require understanding of the subject matter, analysis of existing information and interpretation to develop substantial arguments. Dissertation require significant expertise to ensure that the learner can attain the desired grades. Do these suggestions make you worry? 5staressays.org has all the answers you need. You do not have to struggle doing your dissertations. Hire our professional dissertational writers to get quality and original papers without plagiarism.
Admission Essay Help
Have you been eyeing spots in prestigious institutions? Worry no more. We are here to ensure that your admission papers are written in a professional manner that ensures you get the first chances to your preferred institutions. Through our experts in admission essays, 5staressays.org can develop papers that are professional and guarantee you entry into the institutions.
Research Paper Help
Research paper entail the use of qualitative and quantitative approaches to collect data, implementation of specific frameworks to interpret the data and use of analytical skills to address specific questions. This sounds difficult? 5staressays.org is there to ensure that you don’t strain in meeting these necessities of preparing your research. For answers to your research, get in touch with 5staressays.org.
Persuasive Essay Help
Do you have the right skills and expertise to argue a point persuasively? Writing persuasive essays requires the students to ensure that they argue points in a way that the reader buys into the ideas. This process requires special skills that are not common to all groups of learners. As such, 5staressays.org come in handy to bridge this gap and prepare the persuasive essay for you. The essays are quality, error free and original. Try us now for quality papers.
Application Essay help
Application essays should guarantee you a spot in your preferred institutions. They should be able to be able to provide the reader with an understanding of the writer. How do you begin writing an application essay? What are the contents of the essay? Worry no more this are elements that are covered by 5staressays.org professionals in application essay writers. Get your application essay done for you and you will not regret it.
Scholarship Essay Writing Help
Are you eyeing a scholarship but you are not sure you are in a position to write your essay? 5staressays.org will help you to achieve the desired sponsorship by preparing your scholarship essay at an affordable price. We prepare essays that have a good structure, are plagiarism free and quality. Try us now for quality scholarship essays.